Create an assignment
Here are the basic steps to create a Turnitin assignment in a Blackboard course:
- Within a content area of your Blackboard course select the ‘Turnitin Assignment’ option from the Assessments drop-down list.
- Give the assignment a title and point value if applicable. Note: a column will be automatically created for the assignment in the BB Grade Center.
- Define three dates: Start, Due, and Post – the Post Date is the day your students can see any grading comments you provide through Turnitin. The post date can be set for any day you like - from right after the assignment starts to a week or more after the due date, it depends on your grading work flow.
- Open the ‘Optional Settings’ area of the assignment, here are a few of the options you can define:
- Allow submissions after due date?
- Generate Similarity Report?
- Have student papers submitted to Turnitin repository?
- Allow students to view the Similarity Report? This is a great learning opportunity for the student.
- ETS e-Rater- this is a spelling, grammar, and mechanics checker that is built in and easily turned on or off as you like.
- Click the Submit button and the assignment will be added to the Blackboard course.